ALTERNATE WETTING AND DRYING / INTERMITTENT FLOOD FOR RICE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Irrigation Specialist Position
This is a 9 month grant position (current funding goes through September) with anticipation of renewal for another 3 years.
Will provide on-farm technical assistance to promote development of irrigation water management plans and conservation plans. Will provide outreach, assist others, collect data, modify or prepare limited design adaptations, apply accepted conservation practices, prepare reports, and conduct training's.
• develop irrigation water management plans, conservation plans, and watershed management plans
• assist landowners through outreach efforts and on-farm technical assistance to promote the development of plans
• secure water quality monitoring and edge of field monitoring sites, assist with quantifying water demands, utilizing portable flow meters, advising producers of program opportunities, and assisting with overall watershed assessments
• assist producers to obtain and install permanent flow meters through this agreement, promote remote irrigation monitoring, and assist with data collection and reporting to the Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
• complete reports to document activities in accordance with state and federal funding agreement
• maintain records, track activities, and set project goals and objectives
• perform other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing environmental and construction programs
• knowledge of planning and analysis techniques and procedures
• ability to develop and implement environmental protection programs and management plans
• ability to conduct on-site evaluations to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations
• ability to evaluate and document results, and recommend corrective actions
• ability to gather, analyze, and write reports
Minimum Education and Experience:
The formal education equivalent of a bachelor's degree in environmental science, natural science, or a related field and three years of experience in environmental regulation or a related field.
For more information email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
!!SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!!
Learn to Burn Opportunity
Irrigation Water Management School
Understanding Cover Crops
A conservation plan is the starting point for managing the natural resources on your farm or ranch while maintaining productive capacity and meeting individual objectives or goals. Every farm or ranch has its own unique natural resource concerns. Without the application of proper conservation systems and management, human activities may cause natural resource concerns. Check out this link for the 9 Steps of Conservation Planning:
Visit your local revenue office to purchase one of these specialty plates.
Winter Forage Conference
Grain Bin Rescue & Safety Training Program
Arkansas Grazing Lands Conference
All programs and services of the Natural Resources Conservation Service and the Greene County Conservation District are offered on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, religion, sex, age, disability, political beliefs and marital or family status.